Beet, Carrot, Apple & Avocado Salad
Today I heard someone refer to drinking a beet, carrot and apple smoothie and saying it felt “liquid fuel” in his body. That sounded pretty good to me! So when I got home, famished, I opened up the fridge and found what would soon be my awesomely delish lunch. I lucked out – I had pre-steamed beets in the fridge (I love you Migros!), and a bunch of leftover veggies from my trip to the market on the weekend.
- 3 steamed beets (bought pre-cooked at Migros)
- 1/2 apple, nice firm variety like Braeburn
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/4 avocado
- handful of walnuts, broken apart
- bunch of raisins
- 1/4 english cucumber, sliced
- salad leaves – I like red or green leaf or boston leaves!
- a bit of my go-to Apple Cider vinaigrette (which happened to be in the fridge) courtesy of Gwenyth- see recipe here
Throw all ingredients together and enjoy!