Day 1: Cool as a Green Strawberry Cucumber Banana
And it begins! Hope you will soon be enjoying your delicious, hand-made, crazy-healthy & nutritious smoothie to kick start to your day!
Here’s some info about your smoothie today.
All of the ingredients have been sourced from local Genevois farmers markets. They are of the highest quality and super fresh, purchased the day before being blended and served to you! It’s like taking a bite directly out of one of the market stands. But probably tastes better than that. Hopefully. 🙂
Today’s Smoothie: Cool as a Green Strawberry Cucumber Banana. Each smoothie contains*:
- Baby Spinach: The main leafy green in your drink, spinach is one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet! Spinach is a good source of Niacin and Zinc, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper, Manganese and Carotenoids.
- Romaine lettuce: Another amazing green! Romaine lettuce is a good source of Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Copper, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Thiamin, Folate, Iron, Potassium and Manganese.
- Mini Cucumber: The tastiest kind! Cucumbers are a good source of Vitamin A, Pantothenic Acid, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Potassium.
- Strawberries: Perfectly ripened and in season – they give the the smoothies a fresh sweet flavour, and they’re also packed full of nutritional benefits! Strawberries are a good source of Folate and Potassium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C and Manganese.
- Bananas: These are in most of the smoothies we make, as they provide a creamy texture, delicious taste and really fill you up. Bananas are also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Potassium and Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin B6.
- Apples: Another staple in many of our smoothies for the sweet taste (with low glycemic load), loads of fibre and Vitamin C.
*All nutritional data has been sourced from Nutrition Facts & Analyses.
That’s it! Only the whole food, and nothing but the whole food. No fillers, no junk, no surprises – only tasty goodness that’s ridiculously healthy, too.
Now that you know what’s inside, here’s a reminder of why should feel AMAZING about drinking your greens every day this week:
- Greens are the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, and your body doesn’t get enough of them. Drinking them makes this easy.
- In one drink, you get 3/5 daily fruit & veggie servings you need! This is critical to promoting your health and warding off illness. THAT’S gotta make you feel good (and not so bad about going crazy on the leftover meeting room dessert tray later on)!
- You’re eating the WHOLE food – with all it’s nutrients. That means that along with the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, each smoothie is jam-packed with detoxifying fibre, which sweeps up the toxins in your body and keeps you fuller, longer.
- As your body gets the nutrients it needs, your cravings for ‘junk’ start to decline – you start wanting more healthy food! Pretty cool.
- By blending first (with our super-high-powered blender, which can blend anything including your iPhone), all your body has to do is absorb the green goodness, with minimal effort. Less energy spent digesting = more energy for YOU.
- Greens contain chlorophyll – that’s what makes them green! These provide oxygen in your body, and create more blood flow.
- Greens alkalize your body! We tend to eat food that makes our body acidic (dairy, meat, processed foods) and greens help to bring balance back to neutral.
Sources: Victoria Boutenko, pioneer of Green smoothie movement and author of many books including The Green Smoothie Revolution and Green for Life, and Kimberly Snyder, author of Beauty Detox Solution, as well as countless other sources.
Hope you feel AMAZING after drinking your greens today… enjoy!